Re: Firefox accessiblity

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the pointer.
Firefox 3.0 (Minefield) has whatever I need.
Regards,
Manish

Bill Haneman wrote:

Manish:

Please check the recent list archives for info on firefox work.  There
is also a mozilla accessibility development mailing list, dev-accessibility lists mozilla org
Here's a quotation from a recent email thread on Firefox accessibility:

Yes.
Firefox 1.5 or 2.0 will work better if you set GTK_MODULES to empty.
But it still can work with gnopernicus if you don't do so.

On ubuntu 6.06, if you don't do so, Firefox 1.5 CANNOT work with gok and gnopernicus screen review. Because ubuntu 6.06 sets GTK_MODULES to gail and atk-bridge automatically, it will break Firefox's accessible tree.
We fixed this issue in Firefox 2.0 and 3.0.

The best accessibility results are expected with Firefox 3.0, and that's
where most of the accessibility engineering work in Firefox is probably
taking place now (in the tree that will lead to 3.0).

Bill