Locktones [was Re: Gnome and support for the visually impaired]

Hi Dave:

Locktones sounds like a good idea. Perhaps it could be implemented in gnopernicus as what Janina sometimes calls "earcons". There's no reason why screenreader audio needs to be speech-only. Of course on systems without multiplexing audio there may be some technical issues, but I hope such systems are mostly behind us rather than part of our future.

Bill

Dave Mielke wrote:

That's why (see earlier
post) I wrote locktones. It really does solve the problem.

I think that announcing state changes like that would get annoying.