Re: YaST

Am Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2005 19:31 schrieb Thomas Ward:
> Anyone, know where I can get KDE 3.4 and try QT 4?

Unfortunately KDE 3.4 doesn't work with Qt4, because there is no binary
compatibility between major versions. This also means that Yast2 would need
porting to be compiled with Qt4.

You can install Qt 3.x and Qt4 in parallel, so it would be possible to port
over Yast2 before KDE4 is finished. I don't know whether SuSE plans to do
this, though.

You can download the source code for Qt 4 here:
http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/x11.html

You can download KDE 3.4 here:
http://www.kde.org/download/

Olaf