Re: YaST

Hello,

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 19:31, Thomas Ward wrote:
> > Yast uses Qt, so by porting it to Qt4 it should be easily possible to
> > make it accessible.
>
> Ok, that is interesting. I've heard good things about the new QT, but
> haven't had a way to try it.Anyone, know where I can get KDE 3.4 and try
> QT 4?

Unfortunately KDE 3.4 does not work with Qt 4 (all KDE 3.x versions are
based on Qt 3.x), you will have to wait for KDE 4.0 in order to get a
version that is accessible through Gnopernicus.

For getting speech output from YaST you could try to start it in a text
console. The console-based version should be accessible through console
screen readers.

Gunnar Schmi Dt
--
Co-maintainer of the KDE Accessibility Project
Maintainer of the kdeaccessibility package