Re: [gnome-speech] -- locale question

Aditya:

I looked further at your "different locale behavior" issue, regarding Sun JDS versus Fedora. Note that you are almost certainly using different gnome-speech drivers on the two systems - on Fedora you're using festival, and on JDS you're using FreeTTS, I'd bet.

It turns out the the festival driver doesn't do the 'inexact locale matching' yet - most of the other gnome-speech drivers do (Theta, DECTalk, FreeTTS, etc.).

I'd be happy to review a patch to cut-and-paste the locale matching logic used in one of these other drivers (for instance, the Theta deiver) into the festival driver, if anyone feels like rolling up their sleeves and helping out.

thanks in advance,

Bill

Aditya Pandey wrote:

Hi Bill
Thanks for replying. I have 0.3.5 on fedora core 3 (that I compiled) and 0.3.5-27 rpm package on Sun Desktop System. So yes fedora must be a bit older (its code does not contain any 'fuzzy' logic -- but just strcmp calls for language in drivers/festival folder).