braille initialization problem
- From: "Don Raikes" <don draikes com>
- To: gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
- Subject: braille initialization problem
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:06:44 -0700 (MST)
I just re-installed fc3 from the iso images, and got gnopernicus / gnome
working on one account.
I recompiled brltty with the brlapi enabled, and then recompiled
gnopernicus 0.9.12 with the enable-brltty option.
I set the brlapi.key in /etc, and set its permissions properly.
I then used gconf-tool to enable braille support.
When I start gnome, I get the folllowing error in the log:
brl_open_device: open device failed
** BRAILLE initialization failed for BRLTTY on port 1
To change one or more settings use gnopernicus UI
I do have my alva satelite attached to the usb port, and am not sure if
that is the problem or not.
] [Thread Prev