Re: Gnopernicus build problem.

[quoted lines by Danilo Šegan on 2004/11/24 at 21:02 +0100]

>Your gnome-common m4 macros are probably not seen by whatever aclocal
>package is being run.  Try adjusting your ACLOCAL_FLAGS, or at least
>copy appropriate .m4 macros into $prefix/share/aclocal/ (or whatever
>your "aclocal --print-ac-dir" prints out; note that you may need to
>use a versioned binary name, such as aclocal-1.4, aclocal-1.8 or
>something).

Thanks. The problem is that $prefix/share/aclocal mustn't be in aclocal's m4
directory search path, in spite of the fact that I'm passing --prefix= to
gnopernicus's autogen.sh. I didn't find where ACLOCAL_FLAGS is defined, but the
configure worked when I did:

   aclocal -I $prefix/share/aclocal
   autoconf
   ./configure --prefix=$prefix

This, to me, looks like it may be a deficiency of gnome-autogen.sh.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/