Re:

Stephen,

gnome-speech will atempt to build as many drivers as it can.  If you
install DECTalk in the default location, the gnome-speech build process
should find it and build the gnome-speech drivers for it.  This is also
the case for Cepstral Theta.  If your DECTalk or Theta is installed in a
nonstandard location, you can use the --with-dectalk-dir or
--with-theta-dir options to the configure script.  To see what drivers
will be built, read the output which is generated at the end of the output
from running the configure script.

Marc