Re:

Stephen Clower asked about building gnome-speech with non-default drivers.

Hi Stephen:

The commercial drivers aren't built by default (at least not to my knowledge).  You can point your build to them via the --with-theta-dir=PATH and --with-dectalk-dir=PATH options to "./configure".  Give that a try... if you want to check the configure options, run

./configure --help

regards,

- Bill

Hello folks,
 Last night I ran swaret on my Slackware machine to upgrade everything to the current stable releases. Among other things, Gnome, Gnome-speech, and Gnopernicus were updated. After this update completed, I recompiled gnome-speech 0.3.2 so that I would be able to use Dectalk or Cepstral. The ./configure output confirmed that the gnome-speech servers would be built, so I did a make all;make install. However, running test-speech just shows a phantom Festival driver and nothing else. Does anyone know why gnome-speech miht be exhibiting this behavior?