hardware synthesisers.

just on that,
could speech-dispatcher not be used as an interface for gnopernicus and
the various synthesisers? as opposed to writing a complete driver subset
for gnopernicus itself?
Mind you, that might be a major undertaking in itself.
in any event, hardware synth support would be a great plus and like
janina said we're in the minority but, why throw the things away if we
can still get good use out of them anywhere we can within our computing
lives.
Another thing to consider is the fact that as stated earlier software
speech is not always practicable.
I can't say any more without covering old ground other than that if
hardware synthesiser manufacturers insist on making people sign
non-disclosure agreements just for the technical specs on their product,
we'll see alot of them paint themselves into a corner.
it is beyond me why companies do such things. oh well, that's my bitch
for the day.

--
Shaun Oliver

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."
email: shaun oliver optusnet com au
WEB: http://blindman.homelinux.org/~blindman/
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman