Re: Mozilla - like JAWS or like Hal?

Hi all
Again, comments below Peter's remarks.

At 08:01 AM 5/05/2004, Peter Korn wrote:
 3. Now that we've started a good discussion about what is needed for good
    blind access to mozilla, perhaps we can start similar discussions about
    other aspects of the desktop.  Here are some questions to get that
    started (this further discussion shouldn't be cross-posted to
    <mozilla-accessibility mozilla org> of course...):
     a. What is good, and what can be improved, in Gnopernicus access to
        Nautilus and the actual desktop window itself?

A way to force focus on the desktop, that is if there isn't one that I don't know about.

     b. Same question, but about Gnopernicus and gaim?

Commands to read the last message, or last several messages for a start. More later when I have had a chance to play with Gaim.

     c. Same question, but about Gnopernicus and StarOffice/OpenOffice.org?

Again, need to set up and test. More later.

     d. What do you think about the Gnopernicus features?  The Gnopernicus
        NumPad commands and layer concept?  Braille interface?

I don't use braile, but for keyboard commands, there needs to be a desktop and laptop set of commands.

     e. What TTS engine(s) do you use with Gnoperncus?

I currently use DECtalk, and tried to use Cepstral, but until that interruption bug is worked out, I can't use that yet.

     f. What are the most important things you want to use with Gnopernicus
        but cannot use yet?

Web browsing, and a good word processor.

Luke