Re: Annoucing libbraille

Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM> writes:

> On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 22:19, Mario Lang wrote:
>> > I checked the website and downloaded version 3.5 (tar.gz) and all I
>> > saw were references to GPL, none to LGPL.
>>
>> We are currently at 3.6pre1, which is not yet released as a tarball I am
>> afraid.  That wouldn't be too complicated to get done tough, if you think
>> it would help to have a tarball with the license change available immediately.
>
> This would help a lot.

I'll try and set things in motion then.

> It also would be better if the affected source and header files
> referenced the LGPL and not the GPL,

Yes they do already.  Qutoing from Programs/api.h.in as an example:

"
/*
 * libbrlapi - A library providing access to braille terminals for applications.
 *
 * Copyright (C) 2002-2004 by
 *   Samuel Thibault <Samuel Thibault ens-lyon org>
 *   S  bastien Hinderer <Sebastien Hinderer ens-lyon org>
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * libbrlapi comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
 *
 * This is free software, placed under the terms of the
 * GNU Lesser General Public License, as published by the Free Software
 * Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License,"

> since the explicit references to GPL in the 3.5 headers would in
> most people's view supercede the README comments.
>
> In any case, the file that refers to license issues should be the
> COPYING file, not README, I am pretty sure.

COPYING contains the GPL, and COPYING-API the LGPL, the
API client relevant source files have LGPL comments, and README explains
about the overall license situation.
Looks pretty good to me, but if you still have any suggestions let me know.

--
CYa,
  Mario