Re: gnopernicus 0.7.11 on debian unstable.

I heard tell that Mario Lang delivered up the following on Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 05:04:37PM +0200,
> Hi.
>
> Although a bit unlikely in your case, but one problem I recently noticed while
> testing gnopernicus packaging for GNOME 2.6 is that apparently, GNOME
> 2.6 seems to reset the main volume for my soundcard mixer settings to zero.
> This obviously has the effect that Festival's speech output doesn't reach
> the user, although it is perfectly configured.
>
> Maybe check after you launched X/Gnome that your soundcard volume
> is still up.
>
> Additionally, is might be a good idea to handle such a situation in
> gnome-speech to avoid this problem in the future.

I've found my soundcard volume according to sounds I play with console
apps to still be at it's original settings after I've launched x.
is that the same thing or are they 2 totally different beasts?

--
Shaun Oliver

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."
email: shaun oliver optusnet com au
WEB: http://blindman.homelinux.org/~blindman/
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman