Re: gnopernicus 0.7.11 on debian unstable.

Hi.

Although a bit unlikely in your case, but one problem I recently noticed while
testing gnopernicus packaging for GNOME 2.6 is that apparently, GNOME
2.6 seems to reset the main volume for my soundcard mixer settings to zero.
This obviously has the effect that Festival's speech output doesn't reach
the user, although it is perfectly configured.

Maybe check after you launched X/Gnome that your soundcard volume
is still up.

Additionally, is might be a good idea to handle such a situation in
gnome-speech to avoid this problem in the future.