gnopernicus 0.7.11 on debian unstable.

it's an old version of gnopernicus I know but I'm not brave enough to
install from source yet.
my problem is I cannot get gnopernicus to talk at all.
I've started it by way of .xinitrc and set it for speech only
and I have festival for my tts
I don't seem to see any errors if any,
if anyone could help at this juncture I'd greatly appreciate it.
I'd like to try gnopernicus out just to see how good or bad it really
is.
I've heard varying reports and I want to see as it were for myself.

--
Shaun Oliver

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."
email: shaun oliver optusnet com au
WEB: http://blindman.homelinux.org/~blindman/
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman