Re: What Workd with Gnopernicus?

John J. Boyer writes:

 > So I'm hoping that the braille output will work in the next release. Bill
 > haneman has been a big help, but the problem seems to be with the braille
 > modules. It would be interesting to know how the people who did the demo
 > got it to work.

The demo was with Bill, Peter et al., at the CSUN conference. The
braille interface was very impressive in that it was entirely separate
from, and configurable independently of, the speech interface.

I expect to be in a similar situation later this year, when support
for the Inka braille display is added to the Baum driver. Actually, at
least some of it exists already and I am not sure whether it is
complete. I have offered to test it, however. Once some of the rough
edges surrounding installation have been sorted out I plan to set up
Gnopernicus and test the INKA support as it becomes available. My main
constraint at the moment is finding time to install everything and
configure the system (definitely later this year).

My suggestion is to continue discussing your braille output problems
on this list, and hopefully some of the developers will find time to
help you with the debugging. Baum engineers wrote the braille module,
which explains the high quality of the braille support.