Re: What Workd with Gnopernicus?

John J. Boyer writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > As many of you know, i am trying to get braille output from Gnopernicus.
 > So far I get only the welcome and goodby messages - and truncated at that.
 > It appears that the braille modules don't really work yet.

In fact the braille modules work very well. I was given a
demonstration of Gnopernicus running with a Baum Vario braille display
earlier in the year. The problem in your case could be related to the
installation and configuration, or it might be that the Alva driver
doesn't support your particular model of braille display.

There is a program supplied with Gnopernicus that can present on
screen everything that is sent to the braille display. If you can make
that work you might be able to find out whether it's more likely to be
a driver problem or a configuration issue.

I can confirm, though, that the braille display subsystem of
Gnopernicus works very well indeed with supported hardware.