More questions about building Gnopernicus

I am pretty sure I have all the right tools, but still can't get any
further with building Gnopernicus.  I noticed an error that I missed
before.  Both when running autogen.sh for gnome-common and gnome-speech, I
get warnings like:
configure.in: 46: required file `./ltconfig' not found

I missed that before because it scrolls off the screen.  When trying to
configure gnome-speech, it bombs with these errors:
configure: error: Library requirements (bonobo-activation-2.0 >= 0.9.1
libbonobo-2.0 >= 1.97.0 ORBit-2.0 >= 2.3.94) not met; consider adjusting
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a
nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
So, what am I missing now?  This is what I was writing about the other day
where it's looking for Gnome 2.0 instead of Gnome 2.2.