Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gok

<quote who="Bill Haneman">

> > Surely there is a better (HIG-approved?) method than try/revert/ok/cancal.
>
> Like what?

Apply/Revert/Close, maybe?

> We need 'try' (maybe Apply would be better, I agree, and it would mean the
> same thing).  In which case Revert is important (otherwise 'Apply' is
> pretty useless, might as well be just 'OK').
>
> OK and Cancel are standard of course.

I think we need to hand this off to the usability dudes, and see if we can
get a good fallback design in cases where we need deferred application of
settings and an escape route.

A possible reference design is the Mac OS X network System Preferences
panel... This doesn't provide an escape route though, at least for the
requirements that the a11y stuff presents [1].

  http://perkypants.org/screenshots/osx-ipaddress.jpg

- Jeff

[1] A valid alternative escape route that doesn't require yucky dialogue
designs would be always-present keyboard combinations for turning on a11y
support and setting it back to its defaults (which ought to be designed to
assist everyone).

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

  "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am: Stuck in the
     middle with you." - Steeler's Wheel, Stuck in the Middle With You