Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gok

<quote who="Bill Haneman">

> On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 14:23, Jonathan Blandford wrote: ...
>
> > The "Try"/"Revert"/"Ok"/"Cancel" buttons on the bottom are so 1999, too.
> > (-:
>
> BTW, the reason it's not instant-apply is that, since these preferences
> alter the way the user interacts with the dialog, a slipup with
> "instant-apply" would be likely to leave the user stranded.

Surely there is a better (HIG-approved?) method than try/revert/ok/cancal. I
couldn't reliably describe what each of those would do if you gave me a
paper doll mockup of the dialogue.

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

     "Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system." - From Monty
                      Python to ESR, by way of Al Viro