Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gok

Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com> writes:

> By the way:
>
> I don't think the screenshots at www.gok.ca are up-to-date.  Before
> commenting further I'd recommend trying GOK with a couple of different
> themes.

I tried this yesterday.  While the colors are certainly a little
strange, they make a lot of sense within the context of the app.  It is
certainly a hyper-specialized app, and while I have a nagging feeling
that the main page could be done better, I'm not sure how.  The
properties page, on the other hand, should certainly be HIGified, and
probably made a little more clear.  It seems to me like the "Access
Method" tab is more important than the other tabs, and should be first.
The "Try"/"Revert"/"Ok"/"Cancel" buttons on the bottom are so 1999,
too. (-:  Given that the default set of Actions and feedbacks
(especially feedbacks) are pretty reasonable, it may make sense to put
them in another dialog altogether.  Certainly the combo up top feels
wrong to me.

Thanks,
-Jonathan