Re: [g-a-devel] ATK and windows

Hi Malte, hi George!

I fully respect that stabilising the existing code is most important from your
perspective. I have no bad feelings about the decision not to pursure more
interoperability at this point of time, as long as you accept my
disappointment about it.

If someone is interested in a general Linux desktop solution or in
accessibility solutions for mobile Linux, then I can put you into contact
with the Trolltech developers working on accessibility, but I do not demand
anything from anyone.

I fully understand that it is GNOME's right to concentrate all work on
establishing a de-facto standard. I will object to any official
standardisation of AT-SPI as a legal standard for Linux while the open issues
are not solved, since I want to keep the road open for a common solution at a
later point of time, and I respect your disappointment about this.

Please do not continue to use the characterisation of our motives
as "philosophical". We perceive the technical issues that prevent Qt and KDE
application from using CORBA as very real. Please refer to
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/AT-SPI_on_D-Bus

I acknowledge that you do not wish discuss technical concepts and ideas in the
situation and that you are mainly interested in seeing code. I hope that the
chances for cooperation will improve once Qt 4.3 is released.

If I have said anything in the past that you have perceived as aggressive or
unfair towards you, then please accept my apologies. I will continue to work
towards a close cooperation between KDE and GNOME.

Olaf