Re: [g-a-devel] ATK and windows

a) move AT-SPI to D-Bus
b) use IA2 on top of D-Bus (even under Linux)

1) Doesn't that mean that AT vendors have to re-code to use the D-Bus
'transport'?
2) On windows we don't want to port D-bus as that's another layer and
anyway overlaps with COM to which MSAA/IA2 are tightly bound.

 Yes, a GAIL to implement IA2-and-
MSAA over COM for Gtk on Windows would be great.  Gtk applications on
Windows could then be accessible via JAWS and other ATs.

Actually isn't it the atk bridge (libatk-bridge) that needs to be
replaced? AFAIUI gail provides atk interfaces on behalf of GTK+
widgets but we'd eventually want to support custom or non GTK widgets
with their own atk interfaces. Plus I wonder if GTK might access ATK
direct.

--
Steve Lee
www.fullmeasure.co.uk