[g-a-devel] ATK and windows

I'm trying to understand the issues involved in providing
cross-platform a11y in applications and Firefox does it. Specifically
I'm wondering about what would be involved in making GTK accessible on
windows (as Jambu needs a GUI toolkit and we plan to port to windows early).

From this presentation from Bill Haneman,
http://www.gnome.org/~billh/ArchitecturalOverview.odp,
I get the impression it should be possible to provide a bridge between
ATK and another a11y infrastructure like MSAA or IA2 rather than using
AT-SPI.

However Firefox implements ATK for linux and MSAA/IA2 on Windows.
nsiAccessible is part of that architecture. There is no attempt to
bridge atk. Why is that? As MSAA doesn't support enough to make atk
work?

ATK exists as part of GTK for windows but I'm guessing it's not hooked
to MSAA and from previous comments it may assume AT-SPI (needing a
Corba port to windows).

Now we have IA2 could a bridge work, assuming we could afford to make
gtk apps only accessible via IA2? Can we afford to be in process only?

--
Steve Lee
www.fullmeasure.co.uk