Re: [g-a-devel] [Fwd: AccessX - ignoring the state of NumLock key]

Hi Guys:

Whatever the situation here, it's likely to be the Xkb extension itself that's responsible for the behavior. The desktop/gnome MouseKeys code doesn't touch anything to do with the NumLock state, to the best of my knowledge.

It's _possible_ that the NumLock behavior is configurable somehow (i.e. ignore NumLock or don't ignore), but I am not sure. It should be in the XKB manual: (chapter 10 deals with AccessX). My reading of section 10.5 implies that the MouseKeys actions are bound to certain keys via the keymap, so it may be that one or more of the keymaps in question is binding the mousekeys actions to too many states (in other words, the problem may be either in XKB or in the key maps themselves, but it is probably not in the desktop software):

http://www.xfree86.org/current/XKBlib.pdf

regards

Bill

Peter Korn wrote:

Reposting from desktop-devel, as the folks here are much more likely to know the answer...

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.