Re: [g-a-devel] Panel Accessibility

Rodney Dawes wrote:
It does seem that libgail-gnome was not being loaded. It wasn't even
installed. How would a normal user know that this is the issue?
Well, this is a bug in libgnome I guess, or whatever code is currently loading the accessibility modules.

My guess is that it regressed when the libgnome stuff was moved, recently.

There
is no dialog that pops up to tell the user. What is the recommended
solution here, so that it just always works?
We should fix the a11y loading code in gnome-program-init so that it warns the user if either a11y library is not found.
Also, when the merger of GAIL into GTK+ happens, will libgail-gnome
also be going away? Will the interesting bits be merged into libgnomeui
or GTK+ itself?
No; because libgail-gnome has too many dependencies (it's the glue that connects gtk+, bonobo, and at-spi together). I suppose it could be rolled into libbonoboui but is also has a panel dependency; not sure the panel depends on libbonoboui ATM...

Bill
-- dobey