Re: [g-a-devel] Java-access-bridge INSTALL Discrepency

Janina,

I believe that the references to environment variables in the INSTALL
file is shorthand.

I reinstalled my desktop system this morning and this is what I did to
get accessibility working for Java applications.

Note that I do not have JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME environment variables set.
If I do `which java` I get /usr/bin/java. /usr/bin/java is a link to
/usr/java/bin/java. /usr/java is a link to /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.5.0.
The GNOME files of interest, i.e. accessibility.properties and
gnome-java-bridge.jar, are in /usr/share/jar/.

su -
cd /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.5.0/jre/lib
ln -s /usr/share/jar/accessibility.properties .
cd ext
ln -s /usr/share/jar/gnome-java-bridge.jar .

Java applications will now load the java access bridge.

Padraig