Re: [g-a-devel]Nautilus menu labels

Hi there,

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 18:26, Dave Camp wrote:
> This is the nautilus desktop window.  We hide the menu and toolbar so
> that they don't show up in the desktop.  Also, some of the menu and
> toolbar items don't make sense in the desktop window, like the
> navigation stuff.

	I imagine the root cause of the problem is that gail exposes the whole
widget tree regardless of hiddenness to the at's. I can see why that's
done [ re-caculating indexes / offsetting children etc. etc. on
show/hide is far more painful ] - however it does create problems IMHO.

	Not only do we have emit changed signals on hidden widgets, but AT's
have to do yet another load of round-trips to determine if each widget
is visible at any given time, which has to be painful.

	HTH,

 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot