Re: [g-a-devel]Nautilus menu labels

Hi David,

> The desktop frame's menus and toolbars are hidden, should they still be
> showing up in the AT's?

If the menus and toolbars are hidden and unavailable (and thus in this state
the mainstream user is unable to interact with them), then the AT user
shouldn't see them either.  Note though, that in some situations
applications have functionality on a menu that duplicates functionality
provided only from the mouse (e.g. right-click of mouse to pop up a list of
context-sensitive options).  This duplication is explicitly OK for
accessibility, but then in such a case you cannot hide the menu/menu-bar...

Do you know what the AccessibleStateSet is for this menu?  (you can check it
with at-poke)  Objects that are aren't "visible" and "showing" should not be
rendered to the user via an AT.  If an AT is doing that, it is probably a
bug.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team