Re: [g-a-devel]Accessibility for Mixer Applet

Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 15:51, Bill Haneman wrote:
> > Why do you need to get ahold of the GtkWidget instances for these
> > menu items?
>
>         Good question - the API deliberately hides all these details from the
> user.
>
> > Michael, as far as you know, should this be instantiating accessible
> > menu items?
>
>         I instantiate standard Gtk+ menu items, as you might expect. If we need
> to be able to shove more state into them - such as name, descr etc. we
> can either a) do that from the path we have for the item already or b)
> add some attributes to the XML file, either is easy - but is either
> necessary ?

I expect that sometimes it will be necessary.  But doing it in the
bonobo component (rather than the containing object) seems like it
should work most of the time.

How do we set tooltips for bonobo meny items?  The tooltips will
get exposed as atk_object_description values if we haven't
explicitly assigned descriptions via atk_object_set_description.

(I do hope we are not talking about new API here... :-( )

Regards,

-Bill