Re: [g-a-devel]Accessibility support in Glade

Damon Chaplin wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 15:24, Bill Haneman wrote:
>
> > static const gchar* atk_object_name_property_parent =
> > "accessible-parent";

> Do you really need the <accessibility> child here?
>
> Wouldn't this be enough:
>
>   <atkproperty name="AtkObject:accessible-parent">widget1</atkproperty>

Yes, you're right that this would be enough; but I don't agree with
using
the element's text content for the name here.  "target" attribute
semantics are probably a better choice.

The <accessibility> property case is really only needed when specifying
other properties that don't necessarily have associated widgets, such as
the table properties I described in the previous email.

So I think that except for table captions, we can omit support for
<accessibility> values for <atkproperty> in 2.0.

regards,

Bill

> Would you really need to set atkproperties/actions/relations of the
> accessible-parent's AtkObject? Wouldn't they be set when the parent was
> created?

Yes, you're right here.  That wasn't the intent of
specifying <accessibility> children here; it's only for the
edge case where a parent AtkObject is created which has no
backing widget (not a case we need to support yet).