Re: why bonobo-config

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 08:19:24PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> <nod>
>
> Although I'll probably use GConf for my apps (because PonG is nice), it
> was said that Gnome would use bonobo_config with GConf as the backend.
> So let's go for that. In the end the result is the same, and Sun's GConf
> browser/editor will still work for sysadmins.

BTW, you can still use bonobo-config even if you use PonG.  You use
bonobo-config with the gconf monicker.  So you can still use both.  Just
that PonG itself uses GConf directly.

I have no problem with people using bonobo-config, I have nothing against
bonobo-config.  I don't personally like the API all that much, or better said
I prefer using GConf directly.  I should put this in the PonG docs I suppose.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses,