Re: Package addition proposals

On Tuesday 23 January 2001 10:37 pm, you wrote:
> From this viewpoint, it makes more sense to make sawfish part of the
> extra apps release than part of the core GNOME 1.4 release.  I just
> don't want window managers forced to emulate sawfish behaviour that is
> not in the official spec to be considered a good GNOME window manager.
I think that when you say "extra apps" you are meaning that it is not needed
for the desktop to work properly.  For example, I don't NEED GnomeICU for
Gnome to work correctly.  But IIRC, you do need a windowmanager to work
correctly.  I agree that we should not show favortism or anything.  But I
feel that if we exclude Sawfish, we may get a user here or there saying "The
windows don't have borders.  How do I fix this?"
Kevin Breit
--
"Curiously enough, the dolphins had long known of the impending destruction
of the planet Earth and had made many attempts to alert mankind to the danger;