Re: Draft GNOME 1.4 schedule

+++ Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 06:38:13PM -0800 +++
Maciej Stachowiak e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Open issues:
>
> * Library freeze date must be checked with maintainers
> * Gtk release target dates (to raise with Owen)
> * new control-center release (boc can likely take care of it)
> * relevant bonobo dates, if any (to raise w/ Miguel and Michael)
> * PR dates - due dates for draft and final press releases, etc (Leslie
>   and Greg working on these)
> * Anything else I'm missing? Please let me know!

With Nautilus integrated, there are now two MIME type applets in the
control centre, one for GNOME's MIME handling and one for gnome-vfs,
which is very, very confusing. The functionality should be merged in
order to have one applet control both MIME handling frameworks; that
way the MIME types will work the same everywhere. However the
solution, only one MIME applet should remain. Confusion over the
duplicated MIME stuff is quite a frequent topic on the German-language
GNOME newsgroup.

Just an opinion,

mawa
--
better to dance with an airhead than be reading soc.singles on Friday
night.