Re: Package list proposal decisions

Sri Ramkrishna <sri sri bharat net> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 06:31:32PM -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> >
> > * remove dia and gnumeric (and other gnome office apps) - YES: they
> >   should move to the extra apps list
> >
> > * put dia and gnumeric (and other gnome office apps) into a separate
> >   "GNOME Office" release - NO (there will be no GNOME Office release
> >   for 1.4)
> >
> > * add sodipodi, possibly to GNOME office - NO: but strong candidate
> >   for extra apps release
>
> You probably should just say sodipodi is not going to be in GNOME 1.4
> but will go into the extra apps release.  In fact, no need to even talk about
> a "GNOME Office" release at all. I would consider that a subset of the
> gnome-1.4-extras release and should be up to the release coordinators
> (of gnome extra) whether there should be one.

Yes, but the original proposals mention it, so I'm making clear that
there won't be a GNOME Office release. It's up to the (eventual) extra
apps coordinators to determine exactly what goes in it, so while I may
suggest, I won't step on their turf.

> Otherwise I think this looks fine.  A summary of what all will be in the
> 1.4 release at the end would be nice.

The package list in CVS will become this as soon as I apply the deltas.

 - Maciej