Re: [gnet] --enable-glib2

> > Well, thats just broken. You can't depend on both glib1 and glib2 to
> > build from CVS, that's just stupid.
>
> Except that we don't, since it obviously works for the people working on
> Gnet, else it would have been fixed by now.  We depend on having glib1
> installed where aclocal can find the macro defn, and we depend on having
> pkgconfig installed so that we can find _that_ macro defn.  We don't
> actually depend on glib2 at all.

You require both glib1 and glib2 to build linked to glib2.

> Currently, we require developers to have a set of tools to build from
> CVS that include pkgconfig and glib1.

So yes, to build against glib2 you need glib1 installed as well, might
as well fix it now before more people actually start wanting to build
against glib2.

> So, if I understand you properly, your build environment doesn't have
> glib1 and glib2 installed in parallel?

Correct. gnome2 stuff goes into /gnome/head/INSTALL and gnome1 stuff is
in /usr

> Doesn't that break with the
> whole GNOME2 will install next to GNOME1.x thing?

No.
They can be installed next to each other.
They just don't have to be.
It means if I totally hose my gnome2 setup (I'm developing heavily on
it, so it could happen), it's a simple case of rm -rf /gnome and wait a
few hours and everything is fixed up.

iain
--
but tv says "surface irony" is funny...don't you watch saturday night
live, man?