Re: [gnet] --enable-glib2

> Yeah, if we want to continue to support glib 1.2.x, then we need to not
> depend on pkgconfig.

Just depend on people installing pkgconfig.

> In this case, the autogen.sh script isn't going to do the right thing
> for you iain,
Except it should.

I fixed it by deleting the AM_PATH_GLIB call, but I can't tell other
people "If you're checking out the cvs, delete these lines" (and I can't
get the vicious-build-scripts to do that)

> so you need to run aclocal -I /path/to/glib1.m4/dir
> by hand (or edit autogen.sh to do that for you).

No, because that will pick up duplicate macros for the other things.

> When a new gnet tarball is released, its configure script will contain
> the code to detect glib 1.2 and glib 2.x.  But since you're using the
> CVS version, you need to have all of the tools available and working
> (namely, aclocal needs to know about both glib.m4 and pkgconfig.m4 in
> order to let autoconf properly generate the configure script).

Well, thats just broken. You can't depend on both glib1 and glib2 to
build from CVS, that's just stupid.
You can however require that people have pkgconfig installed, and that
they have a recent enough glib (which is good, to fix bugs and parallel
glib2 install problems).

I believe gnome-vfs for gnome 1.4 requires pkgconfig now.

I was going to use gnet in the new gnome-media (for gnome2), but if this
isn't resolved, then I'm afraid I'll not be able to.

iain
--
but tv says "surface irony" is funny...don't you watch saturday night
live, man?