Re: [gnet] --enable-glib2

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 11:21:05AM -0500, David Helder wrote (1.00):
> My understanding is that pkgconfig has only been used since last summer,
> so most GLib 1.2 installations wouldn't necessarily have it.  Is there a
> solution that would work with both non-pkgconfig and pkgconfig?  We could
> include the old glib.m4.

Yeah, if we want to continue to support glib 1.2.x, then we need to not
depend on pkgconfig.

In this case, the autogen.sh script isn't going to do the right thing
for you iain, so you need to run aclocal -I /path/to/glib1.m4/dir
by hand (or edit autogen.sh to do that for you).

When a new gnet tarball is released, its configure script will contain
the code to detect glib 1.2 and glib 2.x.  But since you're using the
CVS version, you need to have all of the tools available and working
(namely, aclocal needs to know about both glib.m4 and pkgconfig.m4 in
order to let autoconf properly generate the configure script).