Re: conversion flach 24bit to flac 16bit

Hi,

Zdravko Nikolov a écrit :

> I doubt that this is the problem - joint stereo can save some but
> nowhere near as much... Do this - convert a file from a cd to wav,
> and then the wav to flac - chek its size (usually 30-40% smaller than
> wav). In any case the converted flac to wav can never be bigger in
> size than the original wav (аgree?) :).

We agree :)

 I have been supporting
> gnormalize in the past - since I saw gnac I really prefer to use a
> native nice gnome app (gnac must become the standard converetr in
> gnome..so all conversions must work properly...and I am more that
> happy to contribute...

Well, thank you!
It will be more than a dream to become the gnome standard converter :D

I'm thinking about making a new release shortly (0.2.2 or something)..
We must have a better, and easier debugging support.
Track what are the pipelines, etc..
The pipeline we generate may be wrong.

Then we can work on the different issues.
Furthernore, we often use the default parameters of the various encoders.
I do not know, how correct they are.
We already had some issues with mp3 encoding (take a look at the FAQ).
http://gnac.sourceforge.net/faq/

"gst-inspect anythingenc" to see the default parameters.

We definitely need a better feedback from the application.
Moreover if you have time to help, we will be pleased :)