Re: Related List: Choose an existing record in foreign table

On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 15:37 +0200, Michael Jenny wrote:
Hi Murray,

what I did in my prototype is to pop up a window with all foreign
records. In front of that list I render checkboxes which signals if
the record is linked. The user then may tick one or more of the boxes
to modify current relations.

Not sure if this is an option for glom. See the attached screen for explanation.

Yes, I guess this would correspond well with the current Find button
next to single ID fields, or to the choices drop-down that you may use
for those fields. However, I really need some real-world example where
this would be necessary.

I'm fairly sure that in most cases, and in your case, you should really
have an intermediate table, because, in your example, not just one
person can have an iPhone.

For instance, this uses an invoice lines table, which has both an
Invoice ID value and a Product ID value. You can then use a regular
choices drop-down:
http://www.glom.org/wiki/index.php?title=Screenshots#The_Details_View_-_related_records

--
Murray Cumming