Re: Related List: Choose an existing record in foreign table

On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 11:39 +0200, Michael Jenny wrote:
Hi Murray,

all linked records do show up in the related list. What I try to
figure out is how to link another, already existing record from the
other table (I'm looking for something like the "Find" button I see
when displaying a foreign-key field from a table).

You would have to go to the other table and change the field value
there. To make that easier, you can use a Choice drop-down.

If we let you do it directly from the related records list, I don't know
how we would present that feature in the UI. I guess I'd need a real
world example to think about.

--
Murray Cumming