Re: New Features fro Glom?

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 16:57 -0500, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
Then if I have a database with some tables and relations between them,
Can I import them to Glom? I want to create an UI from Glom maybe for
little tables and/or views can I do it?

Well, you can create a simple .glom file (for instance, by copying an
existing one and changing the database name in it), open it and add
tables. When you add a table that already exists on the server, Glom
will ask you if you want to use it. I've used that to test a very large
database.

The creation of the .glom (XML) file could be scripted quite easily with
a libgda or pygda program, I guess.

It might work. If it doesn't, we'd welcome patches. But I don't have
time to work on this feature personally.

Glom won't know anything about the relations - or can you suggest how it
could discover them via libgda.