Re: Glom for Ubuntu Intrepid

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 21:59 +0000, Iain Lane wrote:
Iain Lane wrote:
I'm not sure if I pushed the fixed version to my PPA, as I was preparing
for a real upload. I'll make sure to fix it on the PPA tonight. Sorry
for not receiving these mails before! I only found out about the issue
from reading the changelog on SVN, whoops.

For completeness, there was a rogue line in the rule file to build the
.deb which read something like `rm -r /path/to/examples'. I don't know
why the original packager put it there (FHS/Debian policy compliance
maybe? On Debian examples are supposed to be installed in
/usr/share/doc/package/examples, but they generally aren't directly
referenced by the program. Perhaps calling these "templates" would be
better?), but I removed it and now they appear.

Thanks,
Iain

I uploaded ~ppa10 a little while ago. The examples and documentation are
now split out into a separate glom-doc package,

That's not really acceptable to me. The templates/examples are an
important part of Glom and should always be present.

 which is recommended by
glom. The default apt policy on Intrepid installs recommends by default
so it should get pulled in if you just apt-get install glom.

Templates now appear where they should, for me at least. Please test!

Iain
--
Murray Cumming