Re: Glom for Ubuntu Intrepid

On 5 Jan 2009, at 15:50, Murray Cumming wrote:

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 18:05 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 19:09 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
I notice that Iain Lane has some here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~laney/+archive

However, the "template" examples are not listed in the intial dialog.
Iain, are you aware of this problems?

Iain, thanks for updating your package, but that problem still exists.

Again, thanks for updating the package. I am now using your email
address from the debian/changelog, in case you are not receiving email
at the other address.

Investigating this problem with the template/example files, I see that you have put the examples in /usr/share/doc/glom/examples/ though Glom
expects to find them in /usr/share/glom/examples/, as defined in the
glom/Makefile.am file:
glom_examples_dir = $(pkgdatadir)/doc/examples/

I can't see how your package changes the install location for these
files. It doesn't seem to be a configure argument. Can you give me a
clue so I can adapt the source code?

Iain, you mentioned on irc that you solved this problem, but I'm still
experiencing it with your Glom 1.8.4 on Intrepid. Are you sure?

I'm not sure if I pushed the fixed version to my PPA, as I was preparing for a real upload. I'll make sure to fix it on the PPA tonight. Sorry for not receiving these mails before! I only found out about the issue from reading the changelog on SVN, whoops.

For completeness, there was a rogue line in the rule file to build the .deb which read something like `rm -r /path/to/examples'. I don't know why the original packager put it there (FHS/Debian policy compliance maybe? On Debian examples are supposed to be installed in / usr/share/doc/package/examples, but they generally aren't directly referenced by the program. Perhaps calling these "templates" would be better?), but I removed it and now they appear.

Thanks,
Iain