[Glade-users] Glade 3.6.0 Released

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Hello hackers !

   So here we are, like it or not, its release day.
There are alot of things I havent had time to do lately,
among them is writing proper release notes - I will do
that some time this week and blog about it.

Glade has seen a world of improvement since 3.4, if you
dont know about it, then I should at least skim over the
new features and control we offer over your interface.

Dual Project Formats
====================
   Now projects can be edited in libglade format and in GtkBuilder
   format, offering you a load of new features only available in
   GtkBuilder format (also removing access to deprecated widgets).

   Projects can be converted, the operation is undoable, and can
   result in data loss when some objects/widgets cant be ported to
   the target format (classic libglade format projects can always
   be converted to GtkBuilder format).

Target Project Version
======================
   Glade now lets you target your GTK+ version for your project,
   giving you visual feedback and warnings about objects, properties
   and signals that you may be using that are not available in
   the targetted version of GTK+.

   Interestingly Glade 3.6 depends on GTK+ 2.14, but gives you access to GTK+
   properties from GTK+ 2.16 even if only running against 2.14.

Access to new objects
=====================
   In GtkBuilder format, we have access to a whole new world of objects
   we've never seen before in Glade:

     - GtkAction: Represent your UI frontend widget(s) by an Action, actions
       are a great abstraction for UI components and let you have multiple
       screen widgets that correspond to a single "action" who all conform
       to the said actions state.

     - GTK+ MVC Framework:
       Now we give you access to GtkTreeView, GtkIconView, GtkComboBox
(as a view),
       GtkListStore, GtkTreeStore in Glade. That pretty much says it
all, I encourage
       you all to try it, define columns and data for your treemodel,
define columns
       and renderers for your treeview, in an all in one treeview editor.

     - GtkIconFactory:
       Add your own stock id definitions using an icon factory, define graphics
       for different widget sizes and widget states.

     - GtkSizeGroup:
       Add widgets to logical groups that ensure all members have the same size.

Sexy New Editors
================
   With a new internal interface, we allow plugins to define editor layouts on a
   class level basis, now we have customized editors for GtkButton,
GtkImage, GtkLabel,
   GtkEntry and many more (and they all have size to fit word wrapping
property description
   texts in them).

The Python Plugin
=================
   This is finally worked out into a plugin, its been around for a while now but
   wasnt publicly/stably released to my knowlage, what it does is allow Glade to
   introspect and load your python classes properties and signals and add it to
   the palette automatically (with the use of a one or 2 liner user catalog),
   documentation coming, or ask Juan Pablo ;-)

Some Enhancements
=================
   - Inspector lets you filter and search the project with an added entry
     (behaves like DevHelp's search entry but on the project).

   - You can edit widgets inline with their editor in a dialog (Edit
Separately in
     context menu), this editor window will stay on the same widget
when selection
     changes).

Also THANKYOU to so many people who supported Glade, who filed bugs, who sent
patches or gave some moral support, Thanks to Juan Pablo for fixing bugs when
I couldnt be there, thanks to Pavel Kostyuchenko and Google for his summer of
code project, thanks to Matthias Clasen and Johan Dahlin for reviewing
my patches
for GTK+, the GTK+ team in general for helping me and letting me fix menu
constructors and do GtkActivatable which hopefully will make a good difference
in Glade 3.6, thanks to all the awesome translators and all the new languages,
thanks to the release-team for coordinating this stuff and being lenient with
me at times... lets not forget Andre Klapper ! (what would any of us do without
him ;-D) Im sure Im missing people, but thanks for your appreciation
of the project
over all !

Anyway, like I said I havent had time for much lately, so you might find some
bugs or uncomfortabilities, please report them and I will do my best
to find some
time to polish it off in the next bugfix release.

Oh yeah... and PLEASE LOVE IT !!!!

Enjoy,
    - the Glade team

What is Glade ?
===============
Glade is a RAD tool to enable quick & easy development of user
interfaces
for the Gtk+ toolkit and the GNOME desktop environment.
The user interfaces designed in Glade are stored in XML format,
enabling easy integration with external tools.
In particular libglade can load the XML files and create the interfaces
at runtime. The DTD for the XML files is included with libglade, and is
also at http://glade.gnome.org/glade-2.0.dtd.

===========
Glade 3.6.0
===========
      - Fixed bugs 574260, 573513, 573453, 574706, 567809
       (Juan Pablo Ugarte, Ryu Jinno, myself)

New and updated translations
============================
      - Kostas Papadimas (el)
      - Claude Paroz (fr)
      - Kenneth Nielsen (da)
      - Ani Peter (ml)
      - Ignacio Casal Quinteiro (gl)
      - Krishnababu K (te)
      - Gintautas Miliauskas (lt)
      - Duarte Loreto (pt)
      - Manoj Kumar Giri (or)
      - Petr Kovar (cs)
      - Milo Casagrande (it)
      - Theppitak Karoonboonyanan (th)
      - Philip Withnall (en_GB)
      - Daniel Nylander (sv)
      - Nickolay V. Shmyrev (ru)
      - Ilkka Tuohela (fi)
      - Christian Kirbach, Hendrik Richter (de)
      - Baris Cicek (tr)
      - Philip Withnall (en_GB)
      - Raivis Dejus (lv)
      - Changwoo Ryu (ko)