[Glade-users] No more access to signals

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:18 PM, John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:
On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:48:57 -0500
Tristan Van Berkom <tvb at gnome.org> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM, John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:
Hello people.

I've been experimenting, and converting an old program into glade-3.
After a lot of work, the GUI getting almost ready, I find that I
cannot open the items in the Signal tree (the branches won't expand
anymore)

Ideas on what could be causing this problem? Or how to find it?

Trying this morning and I still cant reproduce this bug...

Not improving - I now regularly have to exit glade to be able to access
some branches. And also regularly, glade crashes on exiting (the cause is
not saving the project - that was done before - just exiting causes the
crash).

What environment are you using ? what GTK+ version.

Another issue:

I can define icons for buttons, selecting from stock ID, Icons, and
filenames. The icons I need are not stock, and, as far as I can
determine, the 'icons' contain more or less generic icons, and ?it is not
correct to add custom icons to any of those categories.

You can also add stock icons by adding a GtkIconFactory

So, where do I have to install custom icons, so that I can define them in
glade and so that they'll be found at run-time?

'Filenames' doesn't seem to be a good option either - even editing
preferences, 'From the project directory' or from a 'Project relative
directory' are not practical at run-time, and 'From this path' doesn't
seem to be taken into account at run-time:

This comment appears in the gtkbuilder file:

?<!-- interface-local-resource-path /opt/gnome/share/pixmaps/farma3 -->

but at run-time I get:

Failed to open file
'/data/projects/farma/software/farma3/src/c_print.png':

In the widget filename property, type the fullpath of where you
want it loaded in run time, or a path relative to where the glade
file will be installed, or just a filename.

*all* graphics will be loaded from the project resource directory
only when running Glade (Glade doesnt assume your target
directories exist or you have installed your icons yet).