[Glade-users] Building glade 3.4.5 with MinGW

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
you shouldnt need XML-Parser, its only for building the docs.
--disable-gtk-doc should have disabled that need?

are you trying to distcheck ? for distcheck you need to build the docs,
but a normal autogen.sh && make install should not need XML-Parser.
I will have to confess that I don't know what distcheck is.
Someone from the gtk list helped me with this one.  It seems that the
perl with msys is old.  I got ActiveState perl 5.10 and the problem was
solved.  I was able to build Glade3-3.4.5.  With a little work I found
this works

      LDFLAGS=-L/c/GTK/lib
      CPPFLAGS=-I/c/GTK/include
      ./configure --prefix=/c/GTK --disable-static --disable-gtk-doc
      make
      make install

c:/GTK/include/glib-2.0/glib/gi18n-lib.h:24:21: libintl.h: No such file or directory
I fixed this with CPPFLAGS

The LDFLAGS fixed an error about a library (I think it was iconv).  Don't
know why but it also seemed to fix msgfmt not being found

Though I finally got Glade to build, there is still one problem I
haven't figured out.  With Glade or any GTK app I build, the fonts are
larger than when I work on a linux system or use the prebuilt
Windows GTK and Glade.  I see in the GTK list there are a few posts
about the font problem but many went unanswered.  Does anyone reading
this know why the fonts are larger?  What am I missing.  I wrote the
steps I did to build Glade along with some notes about the problems I
had along the way.

http://www.bellsouthpwp2.net/d/a/damonregister/setup2.txt

Damon Register