[Glade-users] Application Project - Gtk+/GNOME

Hi,
   First, is there a reason why you are using Glade 2 instead of Glade 3 ?

Just to make sure you got your answers... from your first question...

Gnome vs. Gtk+: Gnome is a set of libraries formerly developed
as the gnome platform libraries and had some functionalities not
provided from the platform (gtk+), this is no longer really true,
and generally people preffer to stick to raw gtk+ for a higher level
or portability. Many projects are trying to eliminate use of the whole
libgnomeui bundle that drags in lots of depricated code and also
has a big impact on application load time.

Languages: User interfaces are built with libglade (or the new GtkBuilder),
dont fool yourself with generated code - there are little to no benefits of
using generated code, using libglade or builder you will only have a few
lines of code to write to load and run your interface.

Bindings to libglade are provided in pretty much every language that
gtk+ has bindings for.