[Glade-users] Button with image

I want a button with an image, so I change the Edit Type of the button to
Container and drop an image in the container. ?Then on the image's
properties, I select Image Type Filename and specify the File Name using
the ... button. ?Two things go wrong. ?First, the image file lives in a
subdirectory of the glade file. ?Glade copies the image file into the
directory of the glade file. ?If I insert "subdirectory/" before the image
filename, Glade removes the prefix.

Second, my glade file contains a property for the image with name="stock"
and value gtk-missing-image. ?That property seems to take precedence over
the pixbuf property, so what appears when I run my program is the broken
icon. ?I have to manually delete the offending property to get the image to
appear correctly.

I am running Glade 3.0.2, which seems to be the must current version
available for Ubuntu 6.10.

It's hard to believe that these problems could be bona fide bugs so I assume
that I am doing something wrong. ?I didn't find anything relevant at
bugzilla.gnome.org.
--
Jeffrey Barish