[Glade-users] Menu icons not showing up.

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 22:43 +0100, Marcin Krzyzanowski wrote:

On 10/01/07, Zach Tibbitts <zach at collegegeek.org> wrote:

[...]

I don't know why, but currently there is no "stock" property set if
you choose stock from combobox, only "use_stock" and translatable
"label" is set. This allmost for sure disable all stock's if anybody
open it with translated label equal to stock-id ;)

The question is if "stock" property is deprecated ? or it's just a
mistake. Seems it's just a mistake because sources use "stock"
property somehow.

Does this have anything to do with Marcin's problem ?

Zach: do your glade files "work" ? do you "see the stock icons"
when you load the file using libglade ? (not using gedit).

First of all - GtkComboBox does not have any "stock" property
that I am aware of - the normal way to set the stock icon
of a GtkButton is to set the "label" property to the stock
icon name and then set "use-stock" to TRUE (btw).

I don't know how about GtkButton but it was "stock" property for
GtkImageMenuItem in glade-2, and it's still used somewhere in sources.
Tristan, tak a look that if you set translatable label it can be simply
changed if using locales. I bet I had an example where gtk-cdrom was
changed to _CD-ROM or similar. I'll try it later today after work.

Now I am thoroughly confused - is this just a bunch of
confusing white noise or is there actually a bug somewhere
there must be something, for sure it behave in different was that it was
in glade-2 ;)

Is there irc channel where I could talk to you about it ? I would try
fix it because it's very important feature for my project which stalled
now because of that. I start looking into glade sources to do something
with this.

Regards.